NEW REVISED MODEL IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!
The UC-4364-513 is an amplified version of our model UC-4364-328 ( UC-4364-328 page ). It is a compact Quadrifilar Helix antenna (8 cm/3" OD x 16 cm/6" H) designed to receive Amateur Radio satellite signals, without requiring an antenna rotator. This 70 cm band QFHA incorporates a 15 dB Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) near the antenna's feedpoint, providing for a low overall receiving system Noise Figure (and sensitivity).
By having an LNA right at the antenna, the loss of coaxial cables becomes less critical to keeping receiver sensitivity low. The antenna's active 15 dB gain, allows you to have cable lengths of 50-100 ft with little penalty (assumes RG-58/LMR195 or larger coaxial cable).
DC Power is delivered to the antenna via the same coaxial cable, which means that a Bias Tee (for example: BIT-1500-385 page ) is needed at the receiver end.
NOTE: BIAS TEE IS NOT INCLUDED by default, but the option to add a BIT-1500-485 Bias Tee at a reduced price is available above (see "Additional Options" drop down menu).
A companion VHF QFH Antenna for the uplink path is available: UC-1464-433.
Useful web pages about Amateur Satellites and relevant polarization are below:
- Frequency range: 435-438 MHz
- Coverage: Omni-directional, Hemispherical
- Polarization: Circular (AR 3 dB)
- Gain: +18 dBic
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF)
- LNA Noise Figure: 1.0 dB
- LNA IIP3: +14 dBm
- LNA P1dB: +14 dBm out / -1 dBm in
- LNA Current: 50 mA maximum
- LNA Supply Voltage: 5-15 VDC, internally regulated (Optimum voltage is 6 VDC)
- VSWR: 1.5
- Connector: SMA Female on unit side
- Housing 8 cm (3") OD x 16 cm (6") h
- Bottom flange 10 cm (4") OD x 10 mm (0.38") h
- Mounting: 4 screws, M4 (#10-32)
- Operating Temperatures: -40C to +85C
- Weight: 550 g / 1.15 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 750 g / 1.5 lbs
- Bias Tee NOT included
- Cable NOT included
- Does not require a ground plane
- Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice