IRIDIUM COMPATIBLE EQUIPMENT ("ICE") CERTIFIED
Iridium Antenna description
The UC-1624-341R is a Quadrifilar Helix Iridium Antenna with dimensions 4 cm/1.5" OD x 11 cm/4.5" H. It is designed for use with L-band (1.6 GHz) Iridium modems and radios. The Iridium network the UC-1624-341R is designed for, consists of a meshed constellation of low earth orbiting satellites (LEO satellites). The constellation is large, enabling real-time, worldwide communications, even in remote locations lacking of a radio infrastructure. Iridium is often the more economical means of real-time communications at sea, in a desert, or in the wilderness. In Asia, Africa, Oceania and Europe, the Thuraya satellite network is a close contender. For more information on Thuraya, go to our UC-1614-341L Thuraya Antenna model)
For embedded and weight sensitive applications, such as self-buoyant air and water platforms, like balloons and buoys, we offer a 30 gram (1 oz) lightweight version: UL-1624-341R-LIGHT (select from above Base/Flange drop down menu). It is enclosed in a light housing, measuring 27.5 mm (1.08") OD x 99 mm (3.9") L, with an SMA Female connector at its bottom center.
Netted Iridium compatibility
The UC-1624-341R Iridium Antenna is compatible with Distributed Tactical Communications System (DTCS), Netted Iridium applications. These enable group communications within an Iridium satellite's spot beam.
The UC-1624-341R is broadband enough that it can be used to receive GPS (Global Positioning System) and Iridium signals simultaneously. The connected radios must support this dual capability, such as a DTCS-RO Iridium Handset.
UC-1624-341R Navigation Network compatibilities
Although the antenna is optimized for Iridium operation, its bandwidth will also support operation within the following Navigation Networks: GPS L1 (USA), GLONASS L1 (RF), Galileo E1 (EU), Beidou/Compass B1/E1/E2 (CN). This means that you can use one antenna for both Iridium communications and Navigation!
- Frequency range: 1600-1630 MHz (will also receive L1 GPS, 1575 MHz)
- Coverage: Hemispherical
- Polarization: Right-Handed, Circular (AR 3 dB)
- Gain: +3 dBic - Elevation pattern
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF)
- Input Power: 5 Watt CW
- VSWR: 2.0 VSWR Plot
- Connector: Select from above list (cable version)
- Housing 4 cm (1.5") OD x 11 cm (4.5") h
- Bottom flange 5 cm (2") OD x 13 mm (0.5") h
- Mounting: Select from list above (Base)
- Operating Temperatures: -40C to +85C
- Water Resistance: water resistant, some versions are waterproof (may be submerged)
- Weight: 250 g / 0.5 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 300 g / 0.6 lbs
- Does not require a ground plane
- Magnetic mount, Suction cup mount and extension/adapter cables available (see "More Information" tab)
This product is compatible with the following Antenna Accessories:
Recommended Cable Assemblies
Specify desired length from drop-down menu
Specify desired connector for the device end