UHF Satcom 4-way Combiner/Splitter
Four-way RF Splitter/Combiner designed to add the energies of 4 UHF Satcom antenna elements. The combination of four properly spaced and aligned elements comprising an antenna array can produce a passive gain up to +15 dBic. Antenna elements may be 4 of our X-wings (UC-3004-381R or UC-3004-481R) and a reflector, or 4 of our MILSATCOM Quadrifilar Helix (QFH) Antennas, model UC-3004-531R (no reflector required). This splitter/combiner is compatible with both MUOS and Legacy satellite payloads.
If the desired array is receive-only, the addition of our LNAU-0255-648 or LNAU-0370-648 will add another +20 dB of active gain at a low Noise Figure, to produce a total receive gain of +35 dBic. They also introduce filtering to protect and beneficially condition signals in Software Defined Receiving systems.
For information about element spacing dimensions for passive gains up to +15 dBic contact us. We are planning on adding a 4-element UHF Satcom Array Kit producing +15 dBic to our offerings Q4, 2022.
Two SPLU-3004-704 options are available: by default, ports are DC short circuit shunted to provide limited Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) protection. The alternative option is unprotected ports which will pass DC currents. The benefit of this latter alternative is that a DC current and low frequency signaling can be delivered to each element of the array, to power and/or control elemental circuitry.
- Frequency range: 220-400 MHz
- Phase difference between ports: 0° nominal
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF) / Short Circuit (DC) (default option), / Open Circuit (DC) (DC Pass option)
- Input Power: 100 Watts CW Maximum
- VSWR: 2.0 Maximum
- Connector: Type N Female on Common port, SMA Female on individual ports
- Dimensions: 12.6 cm (5") L x 12.6 cm (5") W x 1.3 cm (0.5") h, not including connectors
- Mounting: 4 screws, size #10-32 or M4
- Operating Temperatures: -40°C to +85°C
- Weight: 1 kg (2 lbs)
- Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice