The LL-1001-396 is a small, low profile, omnidirectional AM antenna, covering the Medium Frequency spectrum from 600 kHz to 1.6 MHz (AM Band). It may be used as an AM antenna for Mobile homes, and to monitor the MF spectrum in First Responder assets. The internal radiating structure is self-contained: no ground plane is needed or required for normal operation.
This antenna is an enhanced loop, thus its feedpoint is DC shunted (short circuit) and electrically grounded (if mounted onto a grounded NMO connector), offering limited electrostatic protection to equipment connected to the antenna*, and providing some suppression of electric noise.
The LL-1001-396 is a passive antenna, thus it may be used to transmit a low power (under 1 Watt) AM signal as a secondary function. For primary transmit use, the "custom tuned", higher efficiency/narrowband version, LL-1001-396-CF should be used.
* NOTE: due to the possible differential of potentials between the antenna ground and the shack's ground, it is always good practice to place other localized (close to the equipment) ESD protection means.
NOTE: Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice
- Frequency: 600-1600 kHz (MF)
- Coverage: Omnidirectional (azimuth)
- Polarization: Linear, Horizontal
- Ground Plane: Requires no ground plane
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF), Short Circuit (DC) for ESD protection (ESD = Electro-Static Discharge)
- Power Handling: 1 Watt CW (Continuous), maximum
- Dimensions: 11 cm (4.5") H x 22 cm (8.5") OD
- Connector: NMO, Male, at bottom center of antenna