Lead time is typically 2 weeks
Custom Tuned UHF Mobile Radio Antenna, Description
This item is identical to UL-4600-319 and others in the -319 series of Mobile Radio Antennas, except that the tuned frequency is specified by the client for a specific need. Lead Time for this item is 2 weeks, to allow our technicians to make the required adjustments to the specified frequency.
This is a broadband, rugged, mobile radio antenna featuring a high ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge) isolation. With modest dimensions of 1.5"/4 cm (OD) x 4"/10 cm (height), this antenna radiates with a typical peak omnidirectional gain of +5 dBil, when mounted on a large metal surface of at least 16"/40 cm radius. This antenna survives a 20 ft drop onto asphalt and continues operating.
UL-4000-319-CF Technical Specifications:
- Frequency range: Specify between 350 and 1000 MHz
- Bandwidth: 20 MHz (at 350 MHz)- 50 MHz (at 900 MHz)
- Coverage: Omni-directional, low azimuthal ripple (1 dB)
- Polarization: Linear, Vertical
- Gain: +4 dBil
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF), Open Circuit (DC) 1 kV isolation, radiating element grounded
- Input Power: 50 Watts CW
- VSWR: 2.0 GRAPH (more detail under NOTES)
- Connector: NMO, Female (see caution under NOTES)
- Housing 3.8 cm (1.5") OD x 10.3 cm (4.05") h
- Bottom flange 5 cm (2") OD x 3 mm (0.12") h
- Mounting: NMO connector (w/AS568B Dash Number 027 O-Ring)
- Operating Temperatures: -40℃ to +85℃
- Shock: Operates after drop from 6 m/20 ft onto asphalt
- Weight: 100 g / 0.25 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 200 g / 0.45 lbs (shipped individually)
(see Drop Test results) Internally, the radiating element is DC grounded and the feedpoint is DC isolated beyond 1 kV.
Click here to see DATASHEET
- This -CF Custom Frequency item, like all Custom Frequency products (models including "-CF" within their part number), are excluded from our Money Back Warranty, as they are personalized/customized to your specific requirements. They thus cannot be resold.
- Requires a ground plane (normally mounts on a metal body)
- Operating bandwidth of an antenna is often taken to mean its "VSWR Bandwidth". Depending on the transmitter's capability to handle mismatches, the actual bandwidth of this antenna can vary greatly. Below is a table of 4 common VSWR bandwidth figures for this antenna, based on the random measurement of a sample 460 MHz tuned unit.
- VSWR of 1.5: 468-447 = 21 MHz
- VSWR of 2.0: 477-439 = 38 MHz
- VSWR of 2.5: 485-434 = 51 MHz
- VSWR of 3.0: 492-431 = 61 MHz
- CAUTION: In the market, there are many sources of uncontrolled NMO mounts and cable assemblies. Although we have found that most "low cost" NMO connectors available can perform well, their cable assemblies tested poorly, particularly above 700 MHz, due to a low degree of "RF care" when connecting the coaxial cable to the NMO connector. Observed carelessness results in the accidental addition of a stray series inductance, with a reactance comparable to the 50 ohm input impedance, generally worsening the match seen by the transceiver connected at the other end. However, most cable assemblies acquired and measured, performed reasonably at the lower UHF frequencies (400-512 MHz).
This product is compatible with the following Antenna Accessories:
Specify desired length from drop-down menu
Specify desired connector for the radio end: (usually Type N, TNC or BNC Male)