VHF/UHF Omnidirectional Antenna, Custom Tuned (Custom Frequency)
The VL-1501-383-CF is a Custom Tuned version of a series of omnidirectional antennas for VHF and UHF. You may order this antenna for operation at your specified Center Frequency (anywhere from 50 MHz to 300 MHz), with a bandwidth of 10% of the specified center frequency. The internal radiating structure is complementary, thus no ground plane is needed or required for normal operation.
The antenna is housed in a Fiberglass enclosure making it rugged and tolerant to challenging environments. Internally, the feedpoint is DC shunted (short circuit) and electrically grounded (if mounted onto a grounded mast/structure), offering limited electrostatic protection to equipment connected to the antenna. NOTE: due to the possible differential of potentials between the antenna ground and the shack's ground, it is always good practice to place other localized (close to the equipment) ESD protection means.
VL-1501-383-CF Technical Specifications
- Frequency: you may specify a single center frequency between 50 MHz and 300 MHz
- Coverage: Omnidirectional (azimuth)
- Polarization: Linear, Vertical
- Gain: +1 dBil typical
- Ground Plane: Requires no ground plane
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF), Short Circuit (DC) for ESD protection (ESD = Electro-Static Discharge)
- VSWR: 2.0 maximum within a 10% total bandwidth (Center Frequency ±5%)
- Power Handling: 50 Watts CW (Continuous)
- Dimensions: 160 cm (63") H x 3 cm (1") OD
- Connector: Type N, Female, at bottom center of antenna
- Mounting: Clamp to bottom aluminum pipe (ACC-0007 - ACC-0009)
- Operating Temperature: -45℃ to +85℃
- This -CF Custom Frequency item, like all Custom Frequency products (models including "-CF" within their part number), are excluded from our Money Back Warranty, as they are personalized/customized to your specific requirements. They thus cannot be resold.
Recommended Cable Assemblies
Specify desired length from drop-down menu
Specify desired connector for the radio end: (usually Type N, TNC, BNC or SMA Male)