A broadband, rugged, mobile radio antenna designed to service the whole 430-470 MHz UHF band, featuring a DC grounded radiating element. It may be used as a UHF Train Antenna on locomotives and Railroad related applications, such as End-of-Train Devices (EOT/ETD) or Head-of-Train Devices (HOT/HTD). It is also ideally suited as a Transit Antenna, for installation on buses, subway/metropolitan rail assets and stations, or as a Mobile Antenna in EMS (Emergency Medical Services), Law Enforcement, Government and Civil services.
With modest dimensions of 1.5"/4 cm (OD) x 4"/10 cm (height), this antenna radiates with a typical peak omnidirectional gain of +4 dBil, when mounted on a large metal surface of at least 16"/40 cm radius. Internally, the radiating element is DC grounded to help protect the transceiver from nearby, but not direct ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD).
The European version of this antenna is our UL-4050-414 wideband TETRA antenna, which covers the spectrum of 380-430 MHz.
- Frequency range: 430-470 MHz
- Coverage: Omni-directional, low azimuthal ripple (1 dB)
- Polarization: Linear, Vertical
- Gain: +4 dBil minimum
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF), Short Circuit (DC)
- Input Power: 50 Watts CW
- VSWR: 2.0 GRAPH (more detail under NOTES)
- Connector: Select (SMA, BNC, TNC, UHF, N), on 12" LMR-195 cable
- Housing: 3.8 cm (1.5") OD x 10.3 cm (4.05") h
- Bottom flange: 5 cm (2") OD x 3 mm (0.12") h
- Mounting Thread: 5/8"-11 x 0.7" (18 mm) L
- Flange O-Ring: AS568B-027
- Operating Temperatures: -40C to +85C
- Weight: 150 g / 0.38 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 200 g / 0.5 lbs (shipped individually)
- Requires a ground plane (normally mounts on a metal body)
- Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice
- Patent Pending