NSN No. 5985015756908 (SMA Male)
Amplified/Active GPS/GNSS Antenna Description
The UC-1574-431R is a Quadrifilar Helix Antenna (4 cm/1.5" OD x 11 cm/4.5" H) designed for use with GPS L1, 1.5754 GHz receivers and systems.
It features a built-in, robust (+10 dBm IIP3, In -5 dBm/Out +18 dBm P1dB), +22 dB Low Noise Amplifier, preceded by a GPS filter, and followed by another GPS filter (2 filters). This combination of a small QFHA, a tough LNA and 2 filters, makes the UC-1574-431R an ideal antenna for very harsh electromagnetic environments, or in applications where GPS performance is affected by out-of-band interference from other devices, such as a radio transmitter.
This antenna has been reported to work exceptionally well as a GPS Microcell Antenna, or GPS Femtocell Antenna for local (free) 3G connectivity. The UC-1574-431R has been successfully used on Microcells operating in RF noisy environments and concrete building basements. AT&T Microcell models require an MCX Male connector (-MCXM), Verizon Microcell models use an SMB Female connector (-SMBF).
LNA power is provided by your GPS receiver through the coaxial cable. No external power supplies are necessary. The UC-1574-431R is very tolerant of wide voltage variations and voltage range. Minimum supply voltage for nominal operation is +3.5 VDC. Operation at lower voltages gracefully derates performance of the LNA.
UC-1574-431R Technical Specifications
- Frequency range: 1565-1585 MHz
- Coverage: Hemispherical
- Polarization: Right-Handed, Circular (AR 3 dB)
- Gain: +27 dBic
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF)
- Input Power: Receive only antenna
- VSWR: 2.0
- LNA Noise Figure: 3.9 dB
- LNA IIP3: +10 dBm
- LNA P1dB: +18 dBm out / -5 dBm in
- LNA Current: 70 mA
- LNA Supply Voltage: 3.5-18 VDC (internally regulated)
- Connector: SMA Male on 24" coaxial cable
- Housing 4 cm (1.5") OD x 11 cm (4.5") h
- Bottom flange 5 cm (2") OD x 13 mm (0.5") h
- Mounting: 1 screw, 1/4"-20
- Operating Temperatures: -40C to +85C
- Weight: 250 g / 0.5 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 300 g / 0.6 lbs
- Does not require a ground plane
- Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice
This product is compatible with the following Antenna Accessories: