As of May 2007, this filter model has been upgraded to Revision A, to incorporate the following improvements:
FILTERS NOW INCLUDE A FUSE THAT RESETS AUTOMATICALLY
- greater out of band isolation,
- increased current handling capability to 1 Ampere,
- built-in protection fuse which automatically resets itself (more detail below)
- voltage drop through the filter has been reduced to 1/7th that of the original design (for greater power efficiency)
and you may select from 4 different fuse currents. This feature protects your receiver and your active antenna from short circuits, severe overheating (if filter is thermally attached to protected item) and other overcurrent conditions. Four cut-off currents available: 100 mA, 200 mA, 350 mA and 500 mA, please specify current option. If you are not sure which current to select, check your active antenna's specifications for current consumption. Select the Fuse current that is the least larger that the consumption value. If you have no way to tell current consumption, select the 500 mA option.
- - - - - -
Family of filters designed to be used with either active or passive antennas, to enhance receiver performance, particularly in urban and high Electromagnetic density environments, where there is a prevalence of strong signals. In such environments, large out of band signals have the ability to control the performance of your receivers early stages, where typically, selectivity is poor. This condition will cause your receiver to perform poorly either on a continuous or periodic fashion, depending on the nature of the controlling signal.
This product is designed to filter both, the RF (Radio Frequency) channel (please be sure to select the filter that covers the band you are operating on), and the DC supply to the antenna (active antenna). Often, active antennas use the same coaxial cable to deliver power and signal. This feature is fully supported.
The standard interface of this product line is an MMCX female connector. Installs or mounts using 2-4 screws, sizes #2-56 to #4-40 or M2 to M3.
Click here to see DATASHEET
- Frequency range: 1565-1585 MHz (GPS)
- Insertion Loss: 8 dB (maximum)
- Rejection: 50 dB (typical) 100 MHz
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF), Open (DC)
- VSWR: 2.0 (maximum)
- RF Power: 0.1 Watt CW (maximum)
- Input DC Voltage: 30 Volt (maximum)
- Voltage Drop: 1.9 Volt @ 250 mA
- Maximum DC Current: 250 mA (milliamperes)
- Connector: MMCX, Female
- Dimensions: 41 x 26 x 11 mm (1.6" x 1.0" x 0.4")
- Mounting: 2 to 4 screws (M2 - M3 or #2-56 - #4-40)
- Operating Temperatures: -40C to +85C
- Weight: 30 g / 0.06 lbs
: Patent Pending