Medium Frequency/High Frequency (MF/HF) Low Profile, Multi-turn Loop Antenna, Custom Tuned
The LL-1001-396-CF is a small, low profile, narrowband omnidirectional, Custom Tuned antenna, for narrowband MF or HF operation. Select your desired operating frequency from 0.1 MHz to 30 MHz (MF/HF Band). It may be used as an AM antenna for Mobile homes, and to monitor the MF spectrum in First Responder assets. The internal radiating structure is self-contained: no ground plane is needed or required for normal operation.
This antenna is an enhanced loop, thus its feedpoint is DC shunted (short circuit) and electrically grounded (if mounted onto a grounded NMO connector), offering limited electrostatic protection to equipment connected to the antenna*, and providing some suppression of electric noise.
The LL-1001-396-CF is a passive antenna, thus it may be used to receive and/or transmit a low power (under 10 Watts) signal.
* NOTE: due to the possible differential of potentials between the antenna ground and the shack's ground, it is always good practice to place other localized (close to the equipment) ESD protection means.
LL-1001-396-CF Technical Specifications
- Frequency: Select single frequency within 0.1-30 MHz
- Coverage: Omnidirectional (azimuth)
- Polarization: Linear, Horizontal
- Ground Plane: Requires no ground plane
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF), Short Circuit (DC) for ESD protection (ESD = Electro-Static Discharge)
- Power Handling: 10 Watt CW (Continuous), maximum
- Dimensions: 11 cm (4.5") H x 22 cm (8.5") OD
- Connector: NMO, Male, at bottom center of antenna
- This -CF Custom Frequency item, like all Custom Frequency products (models including "-CF" within their part number), are excluded from our Money Back Warranty, as they are personalized/customized to your specific requirements. They thus cannot be resold.