Dual-band ADS-B In Antenna Description
Low Power ADS-B Antenna, Model UL-1031-333, supports dual band ADS-B In receivers in a thin and lightweight form factor. Its operation covers the entire range of 950-1150 MHz, which includes the light craft (under 18,000 ft) frequency of 978 MHz, the Mode S interrogator frequency of 1030 MHz, and the large aircraft (above 18,000 ft) ADS-B frequency of 1090 MHz. Enthusiasts may use this device, together with an ADS-B, or low-cost SDR (Software Defined Radio) receiver to obtain navigation data from and of nearby planes. Airports relay both, navigation and weather data on the low altitude 978 MHz channel. However, if there is no ground ADS-B broadcast service in your area, you can receive information directly from overflying aircraft by monitoring both channels, 978 and 1090 MHz.
The flat format of this antenna makes it suitable for simple mounting schemes, or may be embedded in light insulating materials (UAS/Drone fuselage or wing, for example). Exposed metal surfaces within the antenna are grounded to the RF connector's shield, to safeguard against low level Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
UL-1031-333 Technical Specifications
- Frequency range: 950-1150 MHz (978, 1030 & 1090 MHz)
- Omni-directional, moderate azimuthal ripple (3 dB), when the long dimension is vertical
- Figure-8/Dipole pattern, when the long dimension is horizontal
- Polarization: Linear
- Gain: +1 dBil
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF), Open Circuit (DC), 30VDC isolation, radiating element grounded to connector shield
- Input Power: 1 Watt CW
- VSWR: 2.0
- Connector: SMA, Female
- Dimensions: 5 cm (2") x 10 cm (4"), excluding connector (connector protrudes 1.4 cm or 0.55")
- SMA connector (nut included), 6.5 mm (0.25") hole
- Two M2.5-2.8 (#4) screws, 76.2 mm (3.00") center to center
- Operating Temperatures: -40C to +85C
- Weight: 10 g / 0.4 oz
- Shipping Weight: 20 g / 1 oz
- Antenna designed for low power use.
- Antenna's broadband design is forgiving to embedding/loading of light structures and materials.
- Not intended for "Intrinsically safe" applications
- Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice