VL-1221-383 Airband Antenna
The VL-1221-383 is an omnidirectional,Fixed Airband Antenna, covering the entire VHF Civil Aviation/General Aviation Band (118-136 MHz). The internal radiating structure is complementary and broadband, so no ground plane or tuning is needed or required for normal operation.
The antenna is housed in a Fiberglass enclosure making it rugged and tolerant to challenging environments. Internally, the feedpoint is DC shunted (short circuit) and electrically grounded (if mounted onto a grounded mast/structure), offering limited electrostatic protection to equipment connected to the antenna.
NOTE: due to the possible differential of potentials between the antenna ground and the shack's ground, it is always good practice to place other localized (close to the equipment) ESD protection means.
- Frequency: 118-136 MHz
- Coverage: Omnidirectional (azimuth)
- Polarization: Linear, Vertical
- Gain: +1 dBil
- Ground Plane: Requires no ground plane
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF), Short Circuit (DC) for ESD protection (ESD = Electro-Static Discharge)
- VSWR: 3.0 maximum
- Power Handling: 50 Watts CW (Continuous)
- Dimensions: 160 cm (63") H x 3 cm (1") OD
- Connector: Type N, Female, at bottom center of antenna
- Mounting: Clamp to bottom aluminum pipe (ACC-0007 - ACC-0009)
NOTE: Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice
Recommended Cable Assemblies
Specify desired length from drop-down menu
Specify desired connector for the radio end: (usually Type N, TNC, BNC or SMA Male)