Home > ANTENNAS by Application > Satellite Antennas (Data/Telemetry) >
APT Weather Satellite Antenna
UC-1374-433, VHF APT Weather Satellite Antenna (WXSAT)
Item #: UC-1374-433RU
Availability: No Stock - In our manufacturing queue
Usually ships In In our manufacturing queue (2 weeks or sooner)
Polarization: Connector type/gender:
: We recommend our newer model, UC-1374-531 Antenna, which has double the gain of the UC-1374-433 model.
Use this model only if you have restrictions on antenna size/visibility.
The UC-1374-433 is a compact Quadrifilar Helix antenna (16 cm/6" OD x 32 cm/12.5" H) designed to operate in the APT Weather Satellite Band of 137 MHz to 138 MHz (137-138 MHz). This antenna is used to receive NOAA (US), METEOSAT (EU), METEOR (Russian Federation), Weather Satellite data feeds, using wideband FM receivers, such as those used by Radio Amateurs and VHF Enthusiasts. Weather maps can be received directly from a number of polar orbiting satellites (POES) and geosynchronous orbiting satellites (GOES) with such receivers. Alternatively, dedicated, low cost Weather Satellite receivers are available to build your own Weather Satellite receive station (WX Satellite).
A higher gain (+4 dBic), but larger version of this antenna is available. See our model number UC-1374-531's page for further details.
A beginners guide to Automatic Picture Transmission Weather Satellite Reception can be found at APT Weather Satellite Reception. For details on the Weather Satellites, visit the NOAA/NESDIS pages for Polar Operational Environmental Satellite (POES) and Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES), or the EUMETSAT site for Satellite Data, or the Meteor Satellites page by Anatoly Zak.SPECIFICATIONS
- Frequency range: 137-138 MHz (VHF WXSAT Band)
- Coverage: Omni-directional, Hemispherical
- Polarization: Circular (AR 1 dB)
- Peak Gain: +2 dBic (free space) [up to +4 dBic if mounted over a ground plane/ground]
Elevation pattern (free space - NO Ground Plane)
- Nominal Impedance: 50 ohm (RF) / Short Circuit (DC)
- Input Power: Receive only service (<1 Watt CW)
- VSWR: 2.0
- Connector: UHF, Male (PL-259 like) on 10 ft (3m) length of LMR195 coaxial cable (or equivalent)
- Housing 16 cm (6") OD x 32 cm (12.5") h
- Bottom flange 19 cm (7.5") OD x 10 mm (0.38") h
- Mounting: 8 screws, M6 (#1/4-20)
- Operating Temperatures: -40C to +85C
- Weight: 1.7 kg / 3.5 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 2 kg / 4 lbs
Click here to see DRAWING, UC-1464-433 AntennaNOTES
- Does not require a ground plane
Specifications, Availability and Prices are subject to change without notice